Preparing Your Pet For A Natural Disaster
Your Dog Advisor
Are you and your dog or cat prepared for a natural disaster?
- Know Your Region and Know Your Risks
- Make Sure Your Pet’s ID Tags Are Easy to Read and Up To Date.
- Microchip Your Pet and Register Your Information.
- Have Travel-Ready Pet Carriers for Each Pet
- Stock Up on Extra Food and Water for Your Pet
- Have Extra Leashes, Harnesses, and Pet Medications On Hand and Ready To Go.
- Prepare A Pet-Friendly First-Aid Kit.
- Have A Trusted Emergency Contact Who Can Get To Your Pet If You Cannot.
- Have Your Pet’s Vet Records and Medications Organized, Easily Accessible, and Ready for Travel at A Moment’s Notice.
- Save Pet-Friendly Emergency Contacts In Your Phone and Know Where Local Shelters, Vets, and Pet-Friendly Hotels are In Your Area.